- Date 5/22/2020
- Practice Duration 2 hr off and on
- Course & Lesson Name Major 7th chord theory and application. Lesson 3; Jazz Ballad/Cocktail piano lesson 4
- Style Studied (blues, jazz, swing, latin jazz, etc)
- Learning Focus (chords, scales, bass lines, improv, arranging, etc) major 7th chords C Major 7, F Major 7, Bb Major 7, inversions and new chords E flat maj 7, A flat maj 7, D flat maj 7;
- Exercises Practiced shells on other songs in key of C
- Songs Always On My Mind; The Way You Look at Me
- Challenges/Successes (what were your challenges and what did you do well) Went well. Practicing shells, improving but still slow..
Date May 15, 2020
Practice Duration watch lessons
Course & Lesson Name watched lessons 6-8 jazz ballads
Style Studied (blues, jazz, swing, latin jazz, etc) cocktail piano
Learning Focus (chords, scales, bass lines, improv, arranging, etc) what to do with the left hand shells, stride, money range, chord tones right hand,
Songs / Improv The way you look at me
Challenges/Successes (what were your challenges and what did you do well) unable to play the piano for the next 4 days. Had a medical procedure through my wrist and it has to rest for 5 days. Thought I would watch the videos and learn to get a head start when I get back to the piano.